looking back at 2017

Last year I wrote about how 2016 was a year of firsts for me… 2017 most definitely decided to take it up a notch.

It saw the beginning of my current relationship, it watched as I moved out from my parents and made the huge leap from Leicester to Bournemouth. With the move came the expansion of the blog, it moved from Blogger to WordPress and had a complete overhaul. I started putting more effort into posting than I ever have before, and whether I believe it or not, I’m told that some of the hard work might have started to pay off.

Whereas before I had just a blog, now I feel more and more as if what I’m building is actually a brand in itself. I’ve had some of my first ever sponsored posts, invited some incredible events and been able to meet some amazing new people.

Tom and I moved in together after dating for about four months, he had been given a job offer in the town in which we now reside. Him moving alone would have increased the distance to see each other from an already-painful two hours to at least four – so, it was risky, but we moved in together and it’s all worked out incredibly well.

We have both grown as individuals just as much as we have grown together, though… We do still make plenty of irresponsible money choices (we finally bought a huge bean bag the other day!!).

As important as my relationship with Tom is, I also got to meet a lot of new friends.

Moving across the country was never going to be easy but with Bumble BFF (#notSpon) I found myself a handful of people that made the transition oh so easy and while I miss all of my pals from back home, I finally feel like I’m growing up a little and out of my comfort zone.

All in all, it was a pretty good year for me. It had a little bit of a rocky start, but it found it’s way.

Im excited for what 2018 has to offer.

han

Photos by Poppy Field – Twitter // Website // Instagram

I’m wearing a blue jumper from Primark, picked out by Poppy for its eyelet details on the arms, paired with my favourite faux leather skirt from New Look, black tights and boots. A perfect outfit for walking around the Christmas Markets and staying cosy.

Share:

15 Comments

1. Magda
    January 5, 2018 / 3:02 pm

This is such a cute outfit I LOVE!!!!!

2. January 6, 2018 / 12:47 am

I looked at bumble BFF but was unsure what it would be like. Is it legit? Are people strange on it or take the P**s? I have so many questions! The idea of it would be perfect for me, who has actually lost contact with EVERYONE from school and is moving back to my home town in 6 months time!!

• hannah
      January 6, 2018 / 12:49 am

It is so legit!! Everyone I’ve met on there is so incredibly lovely and honestly just looking for a friend (tbh -aren’t we all?)

It’s how I wish dating apps were 😂

3. January 6, 2018 / 9:47 am

Lovely outfit. SO how are you liking Bournemouth so far? A place I have never been so far.

• hannah
      January 7, 2018 / 11:58 am

It’s wonderful! So different to the midlands – still cant get over being able to WALK to the beach!

4. January 6, 2018 / 2:07 pm

I hope 2018 is good to you. I am sure you’ll be glad that you moved from Blogger to WordPress. It took me a while to sort mine out, but I’m so pleased I did it.

• hannah
      January 7, 2018 / 11:57 am

It is honestly the best choice I ever made! Feel so much more productive now x

5. January 7, 2018 / 11:43 am

I’ve heard of Bumble but not checked it out. I don’t think the husband would be too pleased. I hope you have a fab 2018.

• hannah
      January 7, 2018 / 11:57 am

for sure there is a dating side but the BFF side only matches you with people that also want friends 🤷🏼 My boyfriend is fully supportive of any way for me to meet new people! 🙂 happy new year too!!

6. January 7, 2018 / 11:43 am

I am loving that outfit, so gorgeous and the colour really suits you!

7. January 7, 2018 / 3:56 pm

I am so happy for you (even though I’m sad that you moved away) and in all that you achieved in 2017! It was really inspiring to see you and your blog grow, and I can’t wait to see what 2018 has in store for you.

8. January 7, 2018 / 4:18 pm

Oh I love Bournemouth! My best friend went to Uni there many years ago, so I have lots of fond memories of great nights out (and swimming in the sea in the freezing cold afterwards. Wouldn’t do that now!!). Your 2017 sounded a really positive one in the end. Hope 2018 is just as good for you! 🙂

9. January 7, 2018 / 8:15 pm

I had no idea bumble BFF existed, it sounds like a great app, always on the look out for new friends. I love your outfit and I’m so happy that you and Tom worked out, you deserve happiness 🙂 miss you x

10. January 8, 2018 / 10:04 am

Your outfit is so gorgeous. Sounds like you had a great year all in all. Wishing you an amazing year ahead x

11. January 9, 2018 / 10:16 am

Lovely to read that as time is moving on, things are going well for you. I get the feeling 2018 is certainly going to be another good year for you. You sound very confident.