sometimes outfits just dont work – and thats okay

You know what, I don’t know. I have no idea. In my mind, this was a perfect outfit. Super chic and pretty much LFW ready. I even ironed the jeans.

(sidenote: I don’t know how to iron jeans.)

In the end, it just didn’t work.

and you know what? that’s okay. Looking at these photos I am disappointed in my choice of clothing but I can appreciate how well the lighting was behaving. I can stare with awe at how amazingly composed the photos are despite my constant moving around and awkwardness. The really awkward fake tan marks on my feet? They just add character .. plus feet are gross anyway. How the light hits my trio of new spots just perfectly on my face.

Top → Primark  |  Jeans → H&M  |  Heels → New Look

In my defence, I tested it. It managed to pass the mirror selfie test. I could just picture myself on the front page of Lookbook.nu …. in 2013.

It wasn’t meant to be, but I still want to document this outfit in the hall of infamy that is my blog.

So here’s to the outfit that never quite was. The outfit that worked better in my head. Heres to continuing to try new things and not letting one outfit get us down.

han

Photos by Tom Henshaw – Twitter // Website // Instagram

Visit my new project – DAYVELLE.UK

13 Comments

1. September 24, 2017 / 6:32 pm

I think that you are being to critical. From the look of it there was a simple solution – simply let it hang out. By not tucking the top in I think it would look far better as an outfit. I did that with the tanning cream once – won’t make that mistake again lol 😉

2. September 24, 2017 / 9:27 pm

This happens to me all the time 🙂 Love your heels though!

3. September 25, 2017 / 10:35 am

I love those heels so much – so elegant yet sophisticated. Not all outfits are meant to be – but this one wasn’t so bad!

4. September 25, 2017 / 10:39 am

I’ll be honest I really liked the outfit. I felt it was stylish and simple and gave you a cute look. But I know nothing of fashion! I do love those jeans though.

5. September 25, 2017 / 11:04 am

I really like the outfit. I think as long as you feel comfortable, any outfit works x

6. September 25, 2017 / 11:07 am

I actually like the outfit but if you don’t feel it worked, then that’s understandable – after all, only you can know how you feel. I love those heels btw!

7. September 25, 2017 / 12:06 pm

I can’t see anything wrong with the outfit, it looks lovely to me. And I love the top x

8. September 25, 2017 / 1:49 pm

I have no idea what you are talking about?! This outfit works! Laidback chic casual. Perfect 🙂

9. September 25, 2017 / 9:08 pm

I think the outfit looks pretty cute – although I get if you didn’t like it or didn’t feel comfortable in it

10. September 26, 2017 / 10:31 am

I’ll be honest – I can’t really see anything wrong with it? I think you looked great.

11. September 26, 2017 / 3:46 pm

I actually really love your outfit. I would have gone for a darker shade of denim with the jeans though 🙂

Louise x

12. Fatima
    September 26, 2017 / 11:27 pm

Sometimes I’m really not bothered how I feel, but just care about the comfort rather than styling or anything else. Comfort matters the most to me!